Monday, August 29, 2011

Paradise... Lost?


"Paradise... Lost?"/16"x20"/Acrylic on canvas.
Last month, I had an opportunity to spend a beautiful afternoon painting "en plein air" in Melancthon, just outside of the site for the proposed Mega Quarry that local residents are fighting.  This painting is what came out of my efforts that day. The view I chose to paint looks over the actual site where the proposed Mega Quarry would go. As I gazed out over this rich, lush and beautiful farmland, I couldn't help but mourn the potential loss of such a paradise.  If the Mega Quarry goes through, everyone loses... the residents, the local food movement, the wildlife, the environment...
I painted this work in a style that is new to me but I really enjoyed the process and I'm fairly pleased with the results.  I'll be exploring this style again, for sure.

I understand there will be sets of notecards created from the various works to come out of that day, and each set of 6 cards will be sold for $15.  I'll post info when I know more, as all funds raised will go to fighting the Mega Quarry.

3 comments:

  1. 'OPEN 24/7' Really like this one. Like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really enjoying being back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting. I'm painting a bit, but most of my creative "juice" is going to writing, right now.

    ReplyDelete